Become a Member
Why become a member of CICOPA?
- To make your voice heard
- To play an active role inside the international cooperative movement
- To contribute and benefit from common knowledge
- To be always up-to date on last policy developments
- To strengthen your network capacities
- To increase the visibility of your organisation
Who can become member?
- Representative organisations of worker cooperatives, industrial cooperatives, artisan cooperatives, service cooperatives, or social cooperatives, at supra-national, national, or sub-national level.
- Organisations promoting or willing to promote such cooperatives, be they non-governmental organisations or governmental ones.
All members of CICOPA must be either direct members, or members of members of the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA).
Not a member of the ICA yet? You can apply here.
How to become a member?
If you are already member of the ICA, you can apply as:
- Full member if you are a representative organisation of worker and social cooperatives at supra-national, national or sub-national level;
- Associate member if you are:
- An institution whose mission is to support the creation and development of cooperatives in our sector;
- A sectoral organization of full member organisations;
- An organization which prevalently represents enterprises that are neither worker cooperatives or social cooperatives, and are characterized by a majority participation of the workers or producers in the management and ownership of the enterprise.
Interested? find out here how to join and contact us at email@example.com
How much does it cost?
CICOPA membership includes no additional charges, as the cost of membership is already included in the ICA membership package. For a quote contact the International Cooperative Alliance.
Are you a European or American organisation?
Members of CICOPA must also be members of their corresponding CICOPA regional organization. At present, the active CICOPA regional organisations are:
- CICOPA Americas
- CECOP (CICOPA Europe)
- CICOPA Asia Pacific